Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Sign From the Roman Oracle


Last night, after five days of practice with the Roman Oracle of divination by casting lots or sortes from ancient texts, I received a sign that my training was complete:

 “Ready for sea, they sent a messenger” Homeric sort from the Odyssey
“For I desire to do this if I can” from the Iliad

I am ready to take requests for divination by the Roman Oracle. I will ask for your name and date of birth ( month and day ) and also the question that you are asking. 
In return, you will receive a single line from the ancient texts, which I will personally divine for you, specific to your question. These sortes will be a little different from the tarot readings, in which I work with you as a consultant. Because the sortes are part of an ancient spiritual tradition, the divination will require my attention as a high priestess, or as a priestess of the Goddess. Due to the concept that these are sacred texts, I will not be consulting nor interpreting the line; it will be yours to meditate upon.

The intention is to devote a page on my website to Roman divination, and perhaps donate 10% of any proceeds therefrom ( of Roman divination only, not of my regular consultations ) to Nova Roma in exchange for Equestrian class.  Nova Roma citizens will receive a 10% discount on any purchases from the new Roman Oracle page. 
The Roman Oracle page is up! It may be found at 
http://mamafortuna.com/Roman_Oracle.html

References include: http://www.ask.com/wiki/Sortes_(ancient_Rome)?qsrc=3044

No comments:

Post a Comment